According to research from IPL betting site Betway , in a recent article on their blogsite, they studied all the stats from Match 29 onwards in the previous years’ tournaments to find the winning formula for who is going to win the major prizes – the Title, Orange cap and Purple cap.
Teams likely to win IPL this year:
1. Chennai Super Kings- With 8 wins under their belt in 10 games, Chennai Super Kings are looking in red hot form lately. Both the openers are firing at the right time and with the depth in their batting lineup, batsmen have an opportunity to express themselves when it matters. Ravindra Jadeja is relishing his role as a finisher in the Chennai lineup. He single handedly won the match against KKR by smashing Prasidh Krishna for 21 runs in the penultimate over. Chennai Super Kings seem to be ticking all boxes to emerge as a winner of the tournament.
2. Delhi Capitals- Delhi Capitals have won 8 out of 10 games so far and are looking in strong contention for the playoffs. The return of Shreyas Iyer only strengthens the batting lineup of Delhi Capitals. On turning pitches, Axar Patel and R Ashwin have been devastating against the opposition. They are performing very well in pressure conditions and are likely to win IPL 2021.
3.Mumbai Indians- With only 4 wins out of 10 matches, Mumbai Indians are looking down and out currently. However, they have a history of making incredible comebacks in previous editions. They are placed at the 7th position because of a lower net run rate. If they manage to win the remaining games, they can well be in a contention for playoff spot and eventually the trophy.
4.Royal Challengers Bangalore- RCB have won 6 out of 10 games and are placed at the third spot on points table. Harshal Patel is their torch bearer this season performing to the highest standards. He picked up a hat-trick against Mumbai Indians in a winning cause. Glenn Maxwell also seems to have found his form with the bat and he will play an important role in finding glory for RCB this season. RCB possess a really strong chance of winning IPL 2021.
Who will win the Orange cap:
1. Shikhar Dhawan- Having amassed 430 runs already in the tournament, Shikhar Dhawan is leading the run charts currently and it would not be a surprise if he ends up winning the orange cap this season.
2. Ruturaj Gaikwad- Gaikwad seems to be enjoying the form of his life with the bat. He is consistent in his run scoring for Chennai Super Kings and the pace with which he is collecting runs, he can win the orange cap this IPL.
3. Faf du Plessis- The South African has scored 394 runs in 10 matches so far. He is timing the ball like a 25 year old. Chennai Super Kings are expected to proceed to the playoffs and Faf du Plessis will have ample opportunities to win that orange cap.
4. Prithvi Shaw- The hard hitting Delhi Capitals opener has collected 329 runs so far in the tournament. Since he is an opener and gets enough time in the middle, he can lay his hands on the orange cap this year.
Who will win the Purple cap this year:
1. Harshal Patel- Harshal Patel is having a superb run so far in IPL 2021. He has already picked up 23 wickets and is 8 wickets ahead of the number 2 in the most wickets column. Harshal Patel will play an important role in RCB’s campaign going ahead in the tournament and is a strong contender for a purple cap this year.
2. Jasprit Bumrah- Having picked up 14 wickets so far, Jasprit Bumrah looks to be striking form finally as we saw against Royal Challengers Bangalore. If he continues the bowling momentum gained in the match against RCB, he will surely be inching closer to winning that purple cap.
3. Avesh Khan- He is a very under rated cricket who plays for Delhi Capitals. Avesh Khan has picked up 15 wickets so far in the season. He is extremely wise at the death and does not concede many runs. He is a strong contender for the purple cap this year.
4. Rashid Khan- Having played 9 games; Rashid Khan has already picked up 12 wickets. 1 or 2 splendid games for Rashid Khan would mean that he will be inching closer to the purple cap. He is more than capable of winning the purple cap this season.